We are a family of snackers. My kids need to eat all the time and over the weekend I seldom make an actual meal because they spend all day snacking that no one is really hungry over meal times. It can get a little frustrating though because there is constantly someone is the kitchen. Now that the kids are home I am baking a lot more so that they have something to snack on.
The challenge is to find foods that aren’t jam-packed full of sugar or empty calories because then they just end up needing to eat even more often. Emma will happily eat a batch of cupcakes or cookies in one go (no really she has and she does). So I am constantly looking for snack recipes that don’t have too much sugar in and will keep them full for a little longer.
We go through up to two tubs of peanut butter every month. Emma will sit and eat it with a spoon out of the jar.
These peanut butter bombs are the bomb! There is a lot you can do with this recipe. I used dark chocolate because that is what I had but you can use milk chocolate or even a flavoured slab, like mint. I use a slab of chocolate cut up and melted instead of chocolate chips. Either will work though, I just find the slabs taste nice and they are a lot cheaper. You don’t have to melt the chocolate, you can stir it into the nut mix.
I used a mixture of OhMega almond and peanut butter but you can use any type of nut butter that you have. The OhMega nut butters are pure butters and free of any additives and sugar.
Nut Butter Bombs
- 2 tbsp OHMEGA Peanut Butter
- 2 tbsp OHMEGA Almond Butter
- 2 tbsp Lemcke Coconut Flour
- 2 tbsp Lemcke Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- Chopped Dark Chocolate, chopped
- 1. Melt the chocolate using a double boiler on the stove. (Place a glass bowl over a pot of water, bring to the boil)2. Pour a little chocolate into the bottom of silicone moulds. You can use normal paper cases in muffin tins if you don’t have silicone ones.3. Place in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.4. Mix the butters, the flour, melted oil and vanilla together until smooth.5. Pour on top of the chocolate and place it back in the freezer.
Have you made these before?
Disclaimer: I was sent some OhMega Products to try out.