Mothers Day this year is going to be great and I say that without any sarcasm at all. Dad’s all over aren’t able to buy piles of gifts, so their only option is to keep the kids busy for the day! I don’t know about you but I am pretty excited about that. But in all fairness to my husband he does help out a lot and we have a pretty good tag team set up going on.
One of the many Mothers Day traditions many of us probably have is breakfast in bed. If you aren’t a fan of the traditional bacon and egg breakfast then give your family this yummy chocolate pancake recipe.
Easy Chocolate Breakfast Pancakes
- 250 g 2 cups self-raising flour
- 15 ml 3 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 65 ml ¼ cup sugar
- 1 ml tsp salt
- 5 ml tsp vanilla essence
- 300 ml milk
- 1 egg
- sunflower oil for frying
- 1 can Rhodes Quality Peach Slices in Syrup drained
- Sift the flour and cocoa powder into a large bowl.
- Add the sugar and the salt.
- Whisk together the vanilla essence, milk and the egg.
- Whisk the milk mixture into the dry ingredients, beating until a smooth thick batter.
- Allow batter to stand for 10 minutes.
- Heat a little oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Use a 65 ml (¼ cup) measuring cup to scoop the batter onto to non-stick pan and shape quickly into rounds.
- Bake only two pancakes at a time. Cook until the pancakes have bubbles on the top, then flip them over and cook for an additional minute.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve the pancakes warm drizzled with chocolate sauce and topped with Rhodes Quality Peach Slices.