Today is Celebration of Life day! Of course this is one of those things we should all do everyday but we all know life happens so let’s all stop what we are doing today and celebrate the fact that we are all alive!! There is a lot of darkness and sadness and horrible stuff happening in the world and it is easy to get caught up in that because it seems to be what we, as a society, like to focus on.
The following things are reason for celebration in my world today.
- Yoga baby!!! It was a tough class but I haven’t missed a Monday morning class since the start of December!
- Jane. Without Jane I would not be able to do what I do. She doesn’t just clean our home, she holds everything together in so many ways.
- Flexibility. I had no idea that I would feel such a deep need to be available for my ids in the afternoons. I am so grateful that I have the flexibility to be able to do this. I moan about it (a lot) but being able to be there for sports matches, events and just to pick them up after school means a lot to me.
- My health. I may be a couple of kgs (ok fine about 8kgs) overweight but I am healthy.
- My kids are all healthy, for this I am infinitely grateful. Cameron even seems to have outgrown his allergies and is eating everything he was apparently allergic too.
- The gorgeous South Africa sun. Yeah its revoltingly hot at the moment but I secretly love it. I love the gorgeous days and the fact my kids can spend all year outside.
What are you celebrating today?
If you enjoyed this post please share with your friends! You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Snapchat (harassedmom) and don’t forget to subscribe to my weekly newsletter.