The other day someone I follow on Twitter said that while 2020 has been tough, it has not been the worst year for them. I have to agree. While it has been a year with a unique set of challenges it has not been the hardest year we have had.
In fact it has actually not been a bad year at all. We have seen a lot more positives than negatives.
Obviously when you live through a world wide pandemic, you learn a thing or two (or 10).
Life in the time of Coroan has taught me a few things;
- I love spending time with my family. No really. There were a few days I needed a time out but we made some awesome memories.
- We don’t need as much as we think we do. In fact we need very little and it helped me to fast forward our minimal living journey. Seriously though so much of what we think we need, we really don’t.
- Working from home is awesome but you have to set strict boundaries. If you don’t you will end up working 18 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- It is possible to get tired of wearing leggings. I am all about the comfortable life but wearing leggings every day does get old, eventually.
- Eating is a sport in my home, one which my kids excel. That is the lesson!
- Pulling out weeds is therapeutic! Try it and let me know.
- I am more of an introvert than I though. I haven’t missed being around people at all. I missed going to Ansie but honestly I really did not miss people!
- When times are tough, people will come together. They will surprise you and it will be beautiful.