I bought a Value Pack of magazines while we were in PE, one of them was a Your Family. I grew up with Your Families, I have a few copies from the 80s here that my mom kept because they have kids cakes in.
This issue has a lot of really yummy looking recipes in and uses a lot of the foods we eat so I am working my way through them and so far I have made 3 good ones and one that was a hit with Jack and Kiara but David and Cameron weren’t sure.
This one was a huge hit though an will definitely become a regular addition.
- 30ml olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500g beef mince
- 10ml ground cumin
- 5ml ground cinnamon
- 5ml ground tumeric
- 80g dried apricots
- 80g sultanas
- 375ml long grain rice
- 375ml chicken stock
- 250ml orange juice
- handful of mint and coriander chopped
- (I left the sultanas and apricots out, my family wouldn't have even looked at it if I had put them in)
- 1. Heat the oil and saute the onion and garlic.
- 2. Add the mince and cook for 5 minutes or until brown, add the cumin, cinnamon and tumeric.
- 3. Add the apricots, sultanas and rice. Stir to combine. Ad the stock and juice. Bring to boil, reduce heat and cover. Cook for 12-15 minutes or until the rice is tender. Fluff the rice with a fork. Serve with mint and coriander.
- My stove is a bit wonky so doesn't really simmer very well so I did have to add a little more stock, so maybe make up about 500ml and add more if you need ot.