It has been a while since my last blog post! I had great plans for the holidays. I was going to write blog posts, plan the New Year, basically, I was going to change the blogging world one update at a time.
What did I actually do? A whole lot of nothing. Once I had finished all my urgent deadlines, my body decided the only thing it was going to do was watch endless hours of TV, feed my constantly hungry children and nap. So that is what I did. Days went by and my laptop lay unopened, forgotten.
I am not going to lie, it was kinda amazing. Unproductive but awesome. I clearly needed the downtime.
It does mean I did not do my annual look back at 2019 or any other roundup type posts! And to be honest I am ok with that. 2019 was such a meh year. Nothing major happened but so much happened. When I look back at the year all I feel is exhausted. Not the “I need sleep” exhausted but the “When does life get easier” exhausted.
Despite that, I feel I do need some record of what happened in the last 12 months of our lives.
So the summary fo what happened in 2019!
- We started homeschooling and it was equally the hardest and easiest thing I did all year.
- My business past the 1000 days mark and is still growing.
- Cameron was made Deputy Head Boy
- I said no to a lot this year and basically became a hermit. I needed it.
- Living minimally and sustainably became important to us.
- Kiara took her dancing to a new level.
- The girls traveled as unaccompanied minors – twice.
- We had a short weekend getaway to Durban.
- We baked A LOT!
See, nothing major happened. No drama, not big life-changing events and honestly I am not sad about that. We have had some rather dramatic years and a calm year was what we needed.
2020 is going to be a big year,
- Cameron writes matric
- Kiara turns 16
- Cameron turns 18
David and I also have some less momentous plans for the new year
- We want to really reduce our waste.
- We want to grow our veggie garden even more.
- We start year 2 of our homeschooling journey.
- David’s business is really starting to take off and they are becoming more and more involved in the aviation industry.
- I want to write more, proper writing about our life, not wishy-washy blog posts about lists and whatnot.
- And so much more.
This year will be the last one that our lives revolve around school holidays and I can’t wait to have the freedom to do what we want when we want it. It is also the last year I have to do the school run and I am really excited about that. In fact, this year will be the lasts of many and I am more emotional about it than I thought I would be. I will be sharing more on that in a separate post!