Maz, from Caffeine and Fairydust recently did a bit of a makeover on her blog and I was over there checking it out (go look, it’s so pretty) and stumbled across this post about 60 reasons my toddler had a bad day. It got me thinking about all the irrational things my kids have thrown tantrums over.
For the sake of privacy and protection of my children’s sterling reputations I am not going to name which of them has gotten upset over these things. If you have been reading for a while you will probably be able to figure some of them out.
- Why does my sibling have a bigger bedroom window than I do?
- My pants are WIGGLY!
- The tea is disgusting because I made it.
- The word sit is the same in English as it is in Afrikaans.
- We drive too fast and it hurts their throat.
- Breakfast/lunch/dinner was placed on the wrong plate. The correct plate is unknown to anyone alive.
- A sibling stole the only umbrella in the house and now the other sibling is going to get sick and die. Yes really!
- Halfway on the walk to school, kid needs to use the loo. Insists on walking home because school looks are unnacceptable.
- Kid throws lunchbox across parking lot because I put the water bottle in the wrong place.
- You will only sleep if you have the duvet that is currently keeping your sibling warm while they sleep.
- Apples have skin on them.
- The answer I gave to the question is incorrect. Even if the question was “Whats 2+2” and I say 4, if they are looking for a different answer then it is incorrect.
- The clean linen stinks.
- The pork is not chicken. As a result my children probably can not identify the different types of meat.
- The bread has a whole.
- You fetched me too late (or too early).
- They can not bath first. Someone else must bath first. They always have to bath first.
- The cookie is broken.
- The water in their bottle is old.
- The scrambled egg has brown pieces in it.
- There is white stuff on oranges.
- WHY did you bring me delicious home cooked food for lunch! I wanted 2-min noodles.
What are some of the things your kids have thrown tantrums over that there is not much you can do about?
If you enjoyed this post please share with your friends! You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Snapchat
(harassedmom) and don’t forget to subscribe to my weekly newsletter.