Pears are so underrated! Every time I buy them (which isn’t often enough) I am reminded how yummy they actually are. They always take a back seat to the other more popular fruit and they really shouldnt.
Cinnamon on the other hand is one of those spices we always have in our cupboard! We add cinnamon to everything! Ok, maybe not everything but a lot.
Life hack: Mix coconut oil, honey and cinnamon together and take a spoonful at a time if you have a sore throat, works like a charm.
Cinnamon buns are one of our favourites and when you add pears and ginger, you really do have a partnership made in heaven! These buns are perfect if yo have people coming for tea or just need something sweet to indulge in!
Quality Pear & Ginger Cinnamon Buns
- 1 x 410g can Rhodes Quality Pear Halves drained and chopped
- 250 ml 1 cup warm water
- 10 g 1 sachet active dry yeast
- 5 ml 1 tsp sugar
- 750 ml 3 cups cake flour
- 5 ml 1 tsp salt
- 15 ml 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 60 g 4 Tbsp butter, softened
- 125 ml ½ cup brown sugar
- 15 ml 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 80 g butter
- 200 g tub plain cream cheese
- 500 ml 2 C icing sugar, sifted
- Place the warm water into the bottom of a mixing bowl.
- Add the yeast and the sugar.
- Whisk well and leave to stand for 10 minutes.
- Add the oil.
- Add the flour and the salt.
- Bring the mixture to a dough by hand or using the dough hook attachment of a food mixer.
- Knead for ten minutes and form into a ball.
- Cover the dough with damp cloth and leave to stand for 15 minutes.
- Roll the dough out into a rectangle.
- Spread the butter over the top.
- Sprinkle the Rhodes Quality Pear Halves over the dough.
- Mix together the brown sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the pears.
- Roll up along the long edge.
- Slice into 12 even slices.
- Place each roll on a baking sheet that has been lined with baking paper.
- Bake the rolls in an oven preheated to 180°C for 12 – 15 minutes or until puffed and golden.
- To make the icing, cream the butter until pale and creamy.
- Add the cream cheese and beat until combined.
- Spread the icing over the cinnamon pear rolls and serve warm.