This heat makes cooking unbearable. No one wants to stand over a hot stove and prepare a meal that no one really feels like eating anyway.
We have only been back home for 2 nights and both nights have been quick and easy dinners. We had a smoked chicken salad yesterday for lunch which was absolutely divine, if I had taken a photo I would have shared the recipe today instead of last nights dinner.
I found this recipe online and made a list of stuff we needed, mainly just the veggies and set off to buy them but was rather horrified at the price of snap peas – the small bag at Pick n Pay was R45, I ended up getting the same size bag at Spar for R21, which I still felt was a little too much but I really wanted to have them and not substitute for normal green beans.
I generally suck at making stir-fry’s. I tend to over cook everything but this recipe cooks everything separately which I did and it works MUCH better (obviously).
I did alter the recipe slightly because the sauce was very sugar heavy and not really Weigh-Less friendly.
- 1 pkt snow peas
- 1 punnet mushrooms
- 180g beef schnitzel, cut into strips (you can use any steak)
- Soy Sauce
- Crushed garlic and ginger
- Olive oil
- Steam the snow peas - they must still be crunchy, so don't over steam them.
- Fry the mushrooms in a little oil until cooked. Remove from pan.
- Fry beef strips and garlic and ginger on a high heat until they brown nicely.
- Add the mushrooms and peas to the meat and mix. Splash some soy sauce over and cook over a high heat for a minute.
- You can also add some sweet chilli sauce or chilli flakes
- Serve on brown rice
Share some of your quick and easy meal ideas with me because we are in for another heatwave this week!