Easter is all about family, friends and spending time together. The weather is perfect for outdoor gatherings. Whether you are organising a family lunch or a braai with friends, these mocktails are perfect.
All of these mocktails are jam-packed with vitamin C which makes them perfect as we head into winter.
Ginger: Ginger is one of those things you either love or you hate. I am not a huge fan (not even with my sushi) but it is a pretty beneficial food. It can help with the aches and pains associated with your period and stimulates circulation and it inhibits rhinovirus, which can cause the common cold.
Orange: Oranges are a good source of vitamin C and because they are so yummy it is an easy way to get Vitamin C into your kids. Oranges can also help promote healthy immunity and prevent skin damage.
Pineapples: Pineapples are rich in nutrients and they are loaded with healthy antioxidants. They also contain a wide variety of vitamins, minerals and enzymes like bromelain that may collectively boost immunity and suppress inflammation.
Strawberries: Strawberries are an excellent source of vitamin C and manganese and they contain vitamin B9 and potassium. They are also rich in antioxidants and plant compounds which have benefits for your heart health.
Grape, orange and ginger-ale punch
- 500 ml Red Grape 100% Fruit Juice
- 500 ml Orange 100% Fruit Juice Blend
- 250 ml ginger ale
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 orange, sliced
- Chill the Rhodes Quality Red Grape 100% Fruit Juice, the Rhodes Quality Orange 100% Fruit Juice Blend and the ginger ale overnight.
- Pour the Rhodes Quality juices and the ginger ale into a large jug filled with ice.
- Add the orange and lemon slices. Stir to mix. Serve well chilled.
- This recipe can be easily doubled up for a crowd or add some dark rum for an alcoholic version.
Pineapple and orange juice punch
- 500 ml Orange 100 % Fruit Juice
- 500 ml Pineapple 100% Fruit Juice
- 500 ml Lemonade
- 1 440 g can Pineapple Rings in Syrup, drained
- To serve: Ice, fresh berries
- Combine the Rhodes Quality Orange 100 % Fruit Juice and the Rhodes Quality Pineapple 100% Fruit Juice in a larger jug. Stir to mix.
- Add the lemonade Pour the punch over ice into glasses.
- Slice a slit into each Rhodes Quality Pineapple Ring and use to garnish each glass.
- Add fresh berries as desired.
- Chill the Rhodes Quality Fruit Juice before using and add some vodka for an alcoholic version.
Alcohol free strawberry and banana spritzer
- 500 ml Strawberry & Banana 100% Fruit Juice
- 500 ml sparkling water
- 125 ml fresh strawberries sliced
- Few slices lemon
- 4 fresh mint sprigs
- 20 ice cubes
- Divide the ice cubes, strawberries and mint into 4 chilled glasses.
- Fill each glass halfway with Rhodes Strawberry & Banana 100 % Fruit Juice.
- Top up each glass with sparkling water.
- Stir to mix.
- Serve immediately.
- 500 ml Cranberry Fruit Juice Blend
- 500 ml Red Grapefruit Juice Blend
- 250 ml Orange Fruit Juice Blend
- 125 ml Lemon juice
- 1 lt. Sparkling water
- To serve: ice, lemon slices, lime slices, orange slices and fresh berries
- Chill all the ingredients overnight. In a large bowl mix together the Rhodes Quality Cranberry Fruit Juice Blend, Rhodes Quality Red Grapefruit Juice Blend and the Rhodes Quality Orange Fruit Juice Blend.
- Add the ice, lemon juice and the sparkling water.
- Add the fresh lemon slices, lime slices, orange slices, and berries. Serve well chilled.
- For a sweeter drink, use lemonade instead of water add some red wine (Grenache or Pinot Noir for an alcoholic version).
Apple Cranberry Cocktail
- 500 ml Apple and Cranberry 100 % Fruit Juice Blend, well chilled
- 250 ml Sparkling lemon cool drink, well chilled (e.g. sprite or lemonade)
- 2 to ts White rum if using if using
- To serve: frozen cranberries sliced apple, lime slices, mint sprigs
- Mix together the Rhodes Quality Apple and Cranberry 100 % Fruit Juice Blend, the sparkling cool drink and the rum if using.
- Stir to mix. Fill two cocktail glasses with ice and add the cranberries, apple slices, lime slices and mint sprigs. Pour the cocktail over the ice and serve.
- 2 lt. Apple and Cranberry Fruit Juice Blend
- 1 lt. Ginger ale
- 65 ml Fresh lemon juice
- Orange slices and fresh mint leaves
- Chill all the ingredients overnight.
- Place the ice in a large punch bowl.
- Stir in the Rhodes Quality Apple and Cranberry Fruit Juice Blend, ginger ale and lemon juice.
- Garnish with orange slices and cranberries. Serve chilled.
Which one these mocktails sounds the best to you?
I am working on a comprehensive waste-free guide to help you make the switch. If you want to receive it, please subscribe to my weekly newsletter and be the first to have access.