We don’t eat seafood very often. There are a few reasons for that but one of the main reasons is that the majority of my kids don’t eat seafood of any kind!
But I love salmon and these patties are a great alternative for burger night. They are loaded with all of my favourite things – salmon, beans and mushrooms. You can eat them just like as they are, you don’t even need buns.
- 500 g white button mushrooms
- 1 x 400g tin cannellini beans. drained and rinsed
- 2 x 170g tins salmon, drained
- 2 XL free-range eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup fresh peas, blanched (or defrosted frozen peas)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 shallot, minced
- ½ cup spring onions, sliced
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Using a food processor, pulse the mushrooms until they are very finely chopped.
- In a large saucepan sauté the mushrooms with a drizzle of olive oil until they have sweated off most of their water. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl combine the rest of the ingredients along with the cooled mushrooms.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Separate into equally sized patties.
- Pan fry patties using a little olive oil in a non-stick frying pan.
- Cook until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve patties with wedges of lemon and a side salad or veg.