Nepalese Potato Salad
- 500 g potatoes peeled and cubed
- 3 cloves garlic cut into very thin strips
- 3 cm piece ginger peeled and cut into very thin strips
- 1 red onion peeled and finely sliced
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 3 tbsp mustard or another oil
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 2 green chillis deseeded and sliced very fine
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- Handful fresh coriander chopped
- Boil the potatoes in water until they are soft, then drain.
- In a bowl, combine the garlic, ginger, onion, chilli and lemon juice, then coat the potatoes in the mixture. Season to taste.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, then add the fenugreek seeds. When they start to brown, add the green chillis and the turmeric. Cook for another minute, then add this spice mixture to the potatoes.
- Refrigerate to cool, then serve garnished with the coriander