The festive season is here. This means family get-togethers, braais, and other social events. While traditions are great, there are only so many times you can eat peppermint tart, right?
I suggested to my family that we have a very non-traditional meal this year and they were having none of it. So I am going to try to make small changes to some of the dishes.
This recipe from KOO sounds absolutely delicious. We are big peanut butter and ice-cream fans so adding the two together made perfect sense! Everyone loves a little biscuit too, so really there is guaranteed to be a crowd-pleaser.
KOO PEACH SLICE AND PEANUT BUTTER SWIRL ICE CREAM SANDWICH
Peach swirl ice cream:
- 1 litre vanilla ice cream
- 250 ml 1 cup mixed fruit jam
- 1 410g can KOO PEACH SLICES IN SYRUP, drained and finely chopped
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 TBSP smooth peanut butter
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- For the ice cream: Soften ice cream slightly, mix in chopped KOO PEACHES, return to freezer to harden just a bit.
- Remove from freezer, scoop vanilla ice cream into a loaf pan, drop dollops of mixed fruit jam between each scoop.
- For the cookies: Preheat oven to 180°C. Mix together sugar, flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt. Add mayonnaise, the peanut butter and vanilla. Mix together well.
- Shape into walnut sized balls. (The dough will be crumbly). Press down with a fork, sprinkle with sugar. Arrange on a baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes.
- Cool completely and sandwich cookies with scoops of ice cream. Serve immediately.
What do you think?