Tender enough to pull apart with a fork, this slow-cooked pork can be served on buns, in wraps or over rice and mash and is a versatile meal for lunch or dinner and the sauce uses Rhodes Quality Tomato and Onion Gravy for your convenience. Pair with a delicious Rhodes Quality 100% orange juice to pack a vitamin C punch.
Slow-cooked pulled pork
- 2 x 400 g cans Rhodes Quality Tomato and Onion Gravy
- 2 cups Rhodes Quality Orange 100% Fruit Juice Blend
- 1.5 kg pork shoulder
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup prepared chicken stock
- Place the pork into the bottom of a slow cooker and season well.
- Pour the Rhodes Quality Tomato and Onion Gravy and the Rhodes Quality Orange 100% Fruit Juice Blend over the meat.
- Add the brown sugar, garlic, and chicken stock. Cook over medium heat for 5 -6 hours or until it shreds easily. Remove the meat from the sauce and shred using two forks.
- Pour any excess oil off the top of the sauce and whisk well. Season to taste. Serve the meat on buns or wraps with the sauce on the side.