I am not going to write a whole long introduction to this recipe because a salted caramel chocolate souffle doesn’t really need a long introduction.
It is that amazing! Really amazing. Like, break your diet amazing.
Salted caramel chocolate soufflé
- 1/3 cup water
- 3/4 cup castor sugar
- 50 g butter
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1 tsp salt
- 150 g dark chocolate
- 150 g butter
- 3 eggs, separated
- 150 g icing sugar
- 50 g cocoa powder
- 60 g Sasko flour
- Place water and sugar in a small saucepan on medium heat.
- Cook until the colour changes to amber, about 5 mins.
- Gently add the butter and stir.
- Stir till well combined and allow to cool.
- Melt chocolate over a Bain Marie.
- Once melted add the butter and stir.
- Beat egg whites till stiff peaks form.
- Whisk the egg yolks and then add to chocolate mixture.
- Add the sifted dry ingredients into the chocolate mixture and lastly add the egg whites. Fold until well combined.
- Pour into a ramekin, fill approximately 3/4 of the way and pipe the centre with salted caramel.
- Bake for 12-15 mins on 180 degrees
- Once done place the chocolate soufflé onto a plate and sprinkle with cocoa and decorate with an edible flower.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.