It is no secret we love to bake. Cookies are one of my favourite things to bake. They are super quick and easy to make and there is so much you can do with them.
Chocolate is also a firm favourite in our house and we add it to pretty much anything and everything we bake.
Cookies are pretty easy to bake from scratch but every now and then it is ok to use a packet mix and create magic like these delicious chocolate chip cookie truffles. Chocolate chips are not cheap so we just buy a normal slab and smash it up and then use that. It works just as well and you can add different types of chocolate for different tastes.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Truffles
- 500 g SASKO Cookie Mix
- 140 g butter
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 80 g cream cheese
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips, melted
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a bowl, place SASKO Cookie Mix and rub the butter into the dry mix by hand.
- Add the egg and mix well with a spoon until a soft dough forms.
- Remove tablespoonfuls of the dough and roll into balls. Place the balls onto the line baking tray.
- Bake for 8 – 10 minutes and remove from the oven.
- Let the cookies cool down completely.
- Once the cookies has cooled down, blitz them in a food processor to create crumbs.
- Mix the crumbs with the cream cheese and milk chocolate chips to form a dough.
- Roll into small balls and set in the fridge for 10 minutes while melting the dark chocolate.
- Dip the cookie balls into the melted chocolate and let them dry and harden on a piece of parchment paper.
- Once the chocolate has hardened, they are ready to be served.
The holidays are around the corner! This is a great treat to make for visiting family and friends. You could roll the truffles in red and/or green edible glitter for a more festive feel.