If you have been following me for a while now, you will know I am all about quick and easy meals. I generally don’t have a lot of time to spend cooking elaborate complicated meals. So I am always trying to simplify meals or find meals that I can make in minutes. Stir-fry is fast becoming one of our favourites. The kids have only started to really enjoy it now that they are older.
I love it because it is jam-packed full of veggies and it is super quick to make. It is also a great one to make in pinch with a packet of McCains stir-fry veggies that you have in your freezer. You just add it to your dish and it is ready in minutes.
If you want a meat-free option, skip adding meat and once done, sprinkle with some feta. One of my absolute favourite things to eat, especially because it is so super quick and easy to make.
- 500 g pork stir-fry (or chicken)
- 1 packet McCains Stir-fry
- Coconut Oil
- Soy sauce
- Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- Melt the coconut oil, add the onion and fry for at least 8 minutes or until they get translucent. Add garlic and fry a little longer.
- Add the pork strips and brown them well. Once they are nicely brown, add soya sauce to suit your taste.
- Add the packet of McCains stir-fry and then add some sweet chilli sauce. Stir to combine. Fry for a few minutes.
- Put the lid on your pan and switch off the heat and leave for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve with basmati rice
Jack, Emma and I made our first cooking video of how we made the stir-fry if you would like to take a look.
What is your favourite type of stir-fry?