This is my favourite cookie recipe. It is super easy to make, and is flop proof.
The best part is you can add in whatever you want. You can add in choc-chips, funfetti, nuts or anything you want actually. You can colour the dough and make them different colours which is lots of fun.
Because they are so easy to make, your kids can make them easily and they will have so much fun adding colours and cutting out different shapes. They are also budget friendly and much nicer than store bought cookies and will reduce the waste you bring into your home!!
- 1 cup Butter
- 1 cup Brown sugar
- 1 Egg
- 3 cups Flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Beat the butter and sugar until creamy. The longer you beat it the creamier it will become.
- Add the egg and beat until well combined.
- Add the flour and baking powder until a dough is formed. Roll into a ball, place in a bowl with a lid and refrigerate for 30 minutes. (This makes rolling out the dough easier.)
- Roll out the dough and cut into whatever shape you want. Bake at 180 for 15-20 minutes.
- If you don't have time to cut into shapes, roll the dough into a sausage and slice and then bake.