Gosh this week has been a rather strange one. I get stressed, I work myself up at times but I seldom feel as anxious as I have this week. I don’t even really know if it was anxiety. Sharon made a post about her anxiety, after reading that I tried to think about what “set off” my feelings.
It was Cameron’s swimming coach! He sent out three emails. One with gala details, one with a general notification and times of training, one with times of training next week. I actually felt my heart rate speed up as I saw them coming in to my inbox.
The emails shook our routine up. A new swimming venue (in fact two new venues), a two day gala when I already had commitments on and a whole lot of different times! I also found out Kiara has another running event, Dress Up day and is going on camp next month. I am organised in a disorganised way. I know where everyone must be and when. I keep track in my head, I write it down, plan it and then we carry on with life. When that gets disrupted I freak out a little bit.
Anyway today I feel a lot more in control. David and I sat up working last night and I feel like I am out in front of things for the first time in weeks. So please allow me a short ramble about a few things.
- I have been cooking a lot at the moment, this is noteworthy because I don’t particularly enjoy cooking but there is now always home made stock in my fridge, I made some apple chips on Monday, they were SO yum and so easy to make. I have a tomato sauce in the slow cooker at the moment. I even made a very simple pasta dish (literally just fried up the mince with some of my stock, its nice and thick and mixed it with some pasta shells and sprinkled it with cheese) and Jack ate it.Jack hasn’t eaten anything I have made in weeks but last night he ate a big bowl! What meal do your kids always eat?
- Jack is still having issues. I don’t know what his triggers are which is the most frustrating part. I dread the mornings and yesterday at school he ripped his favourite pair of jeans. In between the tantrums he is pretty calm and is eating better in general, so I am just keeping on moving forward and hopefully we will figure it out.
- I am doing a pamper party for the girls at Reach For A Dream, this is the third Princess for a Day I have done for them and they are such humbling experiences.
- I am feeling a little despondent about the state of our country at the moment. I heard this morning that they are introducing Mandarin into state schools from next year. Now I am not arguing the idea of introducing Mandarin but surely all the money that is going to be spent on sending teachers overseas should be spent on getting kids text books? Or desks? Or even maybe CLASSROOMS! I don’t get it. It makes me tired. How are you feeling about things?
- After spending many months thinking and rethinking about blogging and where I want to go, listening to fellow bloggers, I have finally made a decision that is best for me and harassedmom. The minute I made the decision, I got my mojo back. I am enjoying blogging again – its been a while. I think a lot of the problem was I was taking myself too seriously and forgot why I started blogging. Does this happen to you?
- I have re-discovered magazines! I have been trying to find the new Weigh-Less magazine (or even older ones) so have been looking through magazine racks wherever I go. There are some really pretty ones out there!!! Do you still read magazines? Whats your favourite?
- Have you seen those posts from people saying there are x number of Fridays until Christmas. I think those people should be rounded up and forced to listen to Bony M for x number of Fridays.
I think I have rambled enough for one day!