The last 2 weeks have been a huge challenge in terms of work because my mom has been here – it was hard to balance work and spending time with her because I was here all day.
What I have learnt about working from home so far….
- You MUST have a separate space – you can’t work from your room or the dining room table. You need a dedicated space that is considered the “office”.
- Boundaries need to be established with family (the ones you live with) – they need to understand that even though you are at home you are working and can’t just fetch, drop, make, bake, check.
- Plan the day – there will be chores that need to be done so plan the day and set time for work and time for personal and stick to it!
- Organise organise organise. Everything just works better if you have meals planned, kids appointments and sports all in one place so you can see them.
- Having a new baby at home when you are trying to work is HARD – even with full time help. It is almost impossible to work while your baby cries – even if it’s while he is being put down or waiting for a bottle – it’s hard!
- You need to get out and have lunch/coffee with friends at least once a month – even if you do have adult interaction in the work you do – this is really important.
What do you know this week? Join in here.